Maximizing partnership opportunities for your studentsNovember 3, 2011 at 9:00 am | Posted in Views on the News | 1 Comment
Tags: Blackboard, Educause, internships.com, LULAC, SHRM
At the recent EDUCAUSE 2011 Annual Conference, a higher education information technology event, a new partnership opportunity was unveiled. Blackboard Inc. and Internships.com announced plans to integrate job search and career building tools and resources directly in the Blackboard Learn(TM) online teaching and learning platform. Here’s how this new partnership and other Internships.com partnerships benefit students:
- Internships.com CEO: “With unemployment remaining so high in the United States, the key for student job seekers is not only to find and apply to available work opportunities, but also to prepare themselves to be hired through career content and tools,” said Mr. Robin D. Richards, Chairman and CEO of Internships.com. “We are honored to enter this partnership with a leader in the higher education industry and further distribute our world class social recruiting tools, features, and content to the next generation of America’s great employees.”
- Blackboard CEO: “As a company, Blackboard is committed to providing the best tools to help students succeed both inside and outside of the classroom and we know career development is an important part of the education experience,” said Michael Chasen, CEO and President of Blackboard. “This partnership with Internships.com gives us the opportunity to provide resources within the learning management platform that help students succeed beyond just the academic setting.”
- Integration benefits: According to a PR Newswire press release, the planned integration will enable students to search for and apply for internships, student jobs and entry-level positions within the course platform. Students will also be able to take advantage of the full suite of career tools from Internships.com, including a social media integration that will enable student job seekers to leverage their Facebook network to find jobs and get introduced to hiring companies. With the multi-year, exclusive distribution deal for Blackboard’s North America Higher Education clients, Internships.com becomes a Blackboard Premier Partner (TM) in the Blackboard Partnerships Program(TM). Blackboard Inc. is a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions.
- The LULAC Internship Alliance Program: The League of United Latin American Citizens, the largest and oldest Hispanic membership organization in the country, and Internships.com have partnered to build a bridge between students and businesses to ensure that Latino students receive the benefits of the internships.com platform and access to the experiential learning opportunities they need. Through this partnership LULAC is making it possible for students to receive the LULAC Intern Certification Program, ensuring that students have had an elite level of preparation to aid them in entering the workforce. On completion of this Program students receive a LULAC certified designation that employers can rely on to know that these students are prepared and motivated to become great interns.
- Other Partnerships: SHRM – Society for Human Resource Management offers professional development opportunities in a variety of ways including conferences, workshops, webinars and social media. BASIC – Business and Students in Careers is an alliance between college and university students in Luzerne County and the Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber business community to help prepare them to be career ready. Click on About Us under Educators and go to Partners on the Internships.com Web site for a complete listing of organizations that coordinate services with Internships.com and may help you maximize career opportunities for your students.